Section 28AA. Superintendence, direction and control of elections to a Society vest in the State Co-operative Election Commission-
- The superintendence, direction and control of the preparation of the electoral rolls for, and the conduct of, all elections to a Co-operative Society shall vest in the State Co-operative Election Commission consisting of a State Co-operative Election Commissioner appointed by the Governor and shall hold office for a period of five years from the date of his appointment or he attains the age of sixty-five years whichever is earlier.
- No person shall be qualified for appointment as State Co-operative Election Commissioner unless he is or has been an officer of the Government not below the rank of Secretary to the Government, having experience in co-operative sector.
- A person appointed as State Co-operative Election Commissioner shall before he enters upon his office, make and subscribe before the Governor an oath or, affirmation in the form as may be prescribed.
- The salary and allowance payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of, the State Co-operative Election Commission shall be such as may be prescribed: Provided that the conditions of service shall not be varied to his disadvantage after his appointment.
- The State Co-operative Election Commissioner may be removed from his office by the Governor on the ground of corruption or misdemeanour after the Lokpal on a reference being made to it by the Governor, has, on inquiry held in accordance with the procedure prescribed in that behalf, reported that the State Co-operative Election Commissioner ought, on any such ground, to be removed.
- The State Government shall make available to him such officer and staff as may be necessary for discharge of the functions conferred on the State Co-operative Election Commission under Sub-section(1).